22 – 24 MAY 2019 | KARLSRUHE (GERMANY)
The European and US DIERS User´s Groups invite to a joint conference at CSE Center of Safety Excellence in Pfinztal near Karlsruhe. Experts from all parts of the world exchange their latest knowledge and practices in Process and Plant safety within the chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, oil- and gas industry. Major topics of the event are:
- Standards and RAGAGEPs
- PRV instability
- Bursting disk flow characterization and sizing
- Intelligent safety measures
- Reactor relief
- Calorimetric experiments and evaluation
- Expert systems for explosion hazards
- Sizing tools in Process Safety
- Tank breathing – modelling and emission reduction
- Round robin calculation
- Safety Culture
- Zero incident
- Multi-component flashing flow
- Smart safety devices (Industry 4.0)
- Education in Process and Plant Safety
- High pressure testing
- Functional safety
Please send the duly filled registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the participant after successful registration and payment. Since the number of participants is limited to 100, the order of registration is decisive.
The conference fee of 190€/person, excl. VAT, is due after receiving the invoice. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the participant after successful registration and payment. The fee includes the organisation of the meeting. The conference room and catering during the meeting is sponsored by REMBE® GmbH Safety + Control.
Cancellation of Participation
If an application is cancelled by 28 February 2019, the participation fee will be refunded. In case of cancellation at a later date, the participation fee will be charged. Cancellations must be made in writing (fax, post or e-mail). In case of absence or cancellation of participation, the full participation fee is to be paid.
If the event is cancelled by the organizer, the paid participation fees will be fully refunded. A liability for further damages or claims against the organizer is excluded.
22 May 2019 at 7:30 pm (Traditional German Dinner)
A traditional German Dinner will take place at the brewery Vogelbräu which is located just next to the Conference Hotel. Vogelbräu is a 25-year-old german brewery serving typical south-german meals. Average price approx. 40€ per person (self-payment, cash & credit cards accepted except AmericanExpress).
23 May 2019 at 5:30 pm (Visit to Heidelberg Castle)
REMBE® GmbH Safety + Control invites you to visit the historical famous castle of Heidelberg.
23 May 2019 at 7:30 pm (Conference Dinner in Heidelberg)
REMBE® GmbH Safety + Control invites you to the Conference Dinner in Heidelberg.
If you would like to give a presentation, please inform us via the registration form. Presenters are kindly asked to send a presentation title and the speakers name to email@example.com. The length of presentations should be 20 minutes, with an additional 10 minutes left for questions and discussion. The conference language is English.
The Joint DIERS Meeting will be held in Ettlingen, a historical city in the Northern Black Forest close to Karlsruhe. Karlsruhe is the seat of the two highest courts in Germany and a leading technology and research region in south-west Germany. The Technologieregion Karlsruhe is a loose confederation of the region’s cities in order to promote high tech industries. The renowned Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) is one of the largest research and educational institutions in Germany with 26000 Students and 9300 Researchers. Karlsruhe’s most remarkable building is the Palace, which was built in 1715.
The conference includes an excursion to the CSE – Center of Safety Excellence in Pfinztal. The CSE Institute stands for latest innovation in Process and Plant Safety. Key topics of research are among others economic safety, zero emission, experimental safety, smart safety technologies, etc. At CSE, a globally unique high-pressure loop with test pressures up to 3400 bar is built and will be visited for live-testing of safety valves and rupture discs.
Please make sure to take care of booking a hotel room yourself. We have reserved a contingent of single rooms in the Hotel Erbprinz in Ettlingen.
The special rates are guaranteed for bookings made by 7 April 2019.
ibis Styles (7 min walk to the Conference Hotel, 85€ per night incl. breakfast for bookings made by 19 March 2019, Keyword: Joint DIERS Meeting). Reservation via firstname.lastname@example.org | +49 7243 72510 | or visit the Arcor Website.
You are kindly requested to contact the hotels directly for reservation and booking. Thank you!
There are several airports to travel to Karlsruhe.
- Baden-Airpark (Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden) (FKB)
- Stuttgart Airport (STR)
- Frankfurt Airport (FRA)
By train or taxi:
- From the airports of Stuttgart or Frankfurt, Karlsruhe can be reached via a fast train connection, see www.bahn.com.
- From Karlsruhe Central Station (Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof), an urban train (S-Bahn) takes you in about 15 min to the Conference Hotel (every 10 to 20 min). Take S 1 or S 11 to Bad Herrenalb/ Ittersbach/ Ettlingen, and leave the train at the stop “Ettlingen Erbprinz”. The hotel is located just next to the station.
- A taxi ride from Karlsruhe Central Station to the Conference Hotel will take you about 20 min.
- From Baden-Airpark, the Conference Hotel can be reached by taxi in about 45 min.
- Hotel Erbprinz offers the possibility to park your car at the hotel parking area for 13€/day.
For questions regarding the meeting, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Bild Schloss Heidelberg: Mit freundlicher Genehmigung von Staatliche Schlösser und Gärten Baden-Württemberg – Zentrale, Bruchsal
- Bild Kulturbrauerei: Mit freundlicher Genehmigung der Kulturbrauerei Heidelberg AG
- Bild Ettlingen: Von Wolkenkratzer – Eigenes Werk, CC BY-SA 3.0, Link
- Bild Schloss Karlsruhe: Mit freundlicher Genehmigung der Stadt Karlsruhe
- Bild Hotel Erbprinz: Mit freundlicher Genehmigung des Hotel Erbprinz, Ettlingen